Monday, November 15, 2010

Master Bath Re-do

A few weeks ago, I decided I needed a project. So I decided to start with what I thought would be a pretty simple one...painting our master bathroom. I felt like it was pretty boring in there and I figured if I messed it up it would be easy to fix and it's probably the most hidden room in the house since a lot of guests usually don't venture into your master bathroom.

All I'm lacking is a brown curtain for the window.

Before

After
Yep, that is a leopard wall. I did it with a stencil and I'm pretty happy with it. I know it might seem weird to some people, but if I get sick of it, it's a simple fix to get rid of it, just paint over it! But I thought I would at least try it out.

Before

After

Before

After

Before

After


I'm pretty proud of myself. I did it all by myself, with the exception of David helping me touch up and take all of the tape off last night. I know it doesn't look like much because it's a small room, but it took a long time to tape everything off just right. And there are so many little things to paint around. And painting the ceiling was a horrible experience. I finished painting the first day only to realize that I would need to do a second coat to make it all blend in. The stencil was actually the easiest part of the whole thing.

I feel good about my color choices and I like walking in there now!

3 comments:

  1. Changing just a few little things made such a big difference! I have a TV in my bathroom too and I could NOT live without it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. To say I love it is an understatement! Fabulous job!! It doesn't even look like the same room! (not that it looked bad before or anything).

    ReplyDelete