Friday, July 19, 2013

18 Months!

My babies are 1 and a half today!!! I can't believe it! I tried to have a photo shoot this morning before school/work, but I wasn't very successful.
 
 My darling little Chloe was all about it. I asked her after breakfast if she wanted to go outside and take some pictures and she very happily nodded!
 
 Connor is a different story. He couldn't understand why we weren't getting into the car to leave. He also didn't want to sit down anywhere and was too distracted by all of the cars driving out of the neighborhood leaving for the day.
 
 
And when I did finally get him to look at the camera, Chloe wasn't looking and was out of focus anyway!
 

Connor:
He is my big Momma's Boy! He loves his momma and doesn't want to share me with anyone!
  He waves "bye bye" to everyone, even if no one is leaving.
He nods his head "yes" to almost every question I ask him.
He is starting to repeat more words and surprises me all the time with what he says.
He's starting to give more kisses to everyone.
He has started telling us when he has gone potty in his diaper. He will grab his diaper and say "uh oh".
We have said "all done" and done the sign for it ever since the babies started eating solids in their highchairs, but for some reason, Connor has just now picked up on it and says "all done" and does the sign when he is finished with something.
He is outgoing and will wave to people but then gets shy when they wave back. He will smile and try to hide his face.
 
Chloe:
 
She is starting to fight for my attention.
She follows Connor around everywhere but then gets her feelings hurt if he pushes her away. It's so sad!
She nods "yes" to almost everything but you can tell when she really means yes because it will be an excited nod.
She is a little momma and loves babies and stuffed animals. Recently I thought we weren't going to make it out of the doll section at Target alive! She kept saying "Baby! Baby! Baby!" Toy shopping is getting harder to do with them!
She can point out a lot of the animals in their animal picture book and knows most of the sounds they make.
She is very content entertaining herself most of the time.
She still has an internal alarm clock that wakes her up at 6:00 am every morning, no matter what time she goes to bed.
Connor isn't mean to his sister all the time. Sometimes he just goes up to her and hugs her out of the blue and I was lucky enough this morning to catch him trying to give her a kiss.
 
Our schedule at 18 months goes like this:
Weekdays:I get ready before I wake the kids up.
 
6:00am: I get Chloe up (she's usually awake anyway, just sitting in her bed). I get a few minutes of snuggles in with her before I get her dressed.
 
6:10am: Get Connor up. He's a little harder to wake up because he is NOT a morning baby. I get a few minutes of cuddle time with him while he watches cartoons and tries to wake up. Then I get him dressed.
 
6:20am: I make them breakfast while David puts them in their high chairs.
 
6:30am: This is the time I'm supposed to leave for work, but that rarely happens.
 
6:45am: I leave for work.
 
7:00am: David takes the kids to school.
 
4:30pm: I pick the kids up from school and we go home and play a little before I try to figure out what to feed everyone.
 
5:30pm: I started dinner. I usually feed the kids between
 
5:30-6:00 so we have a little play time with Daddy before bath time.
 
6:30-7:00pm Bath
 
7:30pm: Start heading to bed.
They are so good about bedtime. I wouldn't say that we are lucky with this because it was work to get here. But we started a bedtime routine way in the beginning so the transition to getting toddlers to go to bed hasn't been that difficult.
We usually watch Little Einsteins while we put their jammies on and then snuggle up on the couch until it's over. Then we say "Ok, are you ready for bed?" Connor will usually nod "yes" and Chloe says "no" in a sweet little voice. But we ignore that and start gathering up binkies and blankies and we all walk down the hall to their room.
We put them in their beds, give kisses and say night night and I turn on a mobile that I have turned on since the beginning and we walk out of the room and close their door. Most of the time, they fall asleep within 15 minutes, but if they don't, they either just lay there and play with their blankies or whatever little toy they have in their cribs or jabber to themselves and eventually fall asleep. It's all very painless, but there are a few nights every once in a while when one of them is wound up and it takes a little more to get them to settle down.
Then David and I either catch up on housework/yard work or just sit down and clean out the DVR and are in bed by 10:00 so we can get up VERY early and do it all over again.
 
The weekends go almost the same way since Chloe wakes up at 6:00 am but a lot of the time she will fall back asleep if we don't go in there and get her up immediately. We call ourselves lucky if we make it to 7:30 without having to get out of bed. And on the weekends, we're a little more laid back about the schedule and what time they go to bed. I think we keep hoping that if we keep them up a little later, that they will sleep in a little more. Never happens though.

No comments:

Post a Comment