Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Making cards for Daddy

David's birthday is coming up this weekend and I tried to find him a card from the kids when I was shopping for a card from me and I came up with nothing. I HATE shopping for cards. I never can find one that says anything interesting. Or I'm just not good at it.
 
Anyway, so I ditched the plan for a cute Hallmark card and decided to have them make their own. That's what you get to do when you're a kid, right? Homemade gifts!
 
So after work/school yesterday, I set their table up in the living room and let them pick out what color of paper they wanted and handed them a few crayons.
 
 
Chloe was content and probably would have colored and watched cartoons until it was time to eat dinner. But Connor was over it after a few seconds.
 
 
Then they started fighting over the crayons and paper so we headed outside to take a few pictures for a back up plan for the card. And I actually got some really good ones! I'm not going to post all of them yet because I'm not sure if I'm going to use one for a card for David or not and I don't want him to see it yet.
 
It started out like this...Connor ran and sat in Chloe's chair and that upset her. She is very in to what is hers and what is Connor's. She goes around and says "Sister's Chair" or "Bubba's Chair", or points to something and says "Sister's" or "Bubba's".
 
 
But after we got over this, I actually got them to BOTH look at the camera AT THE SAME TIME and SMILE!
 
 
I'm not sure how this happened, but I just started making all kinds of loud funny noises and talking in weird ways and they were cracking up. I swear I do this every time though! But something about my act today really got them going!

No comments:

Post a Comment