Tuesday, August 20, 2013

19 Months!

Connor and Chloe turned 19 months yesterday! I didn't even attempt to get a picture of them sitting together. My new strategy was to confine them in the swings! 
They are getting so big and have changed so much in just the past few weeks.
Connor has gone from being super attached to me and throwing temper tantrums every 5 minutes to playing more independently and just being a happy little boy. I think he just went through a phase where he didn't feel good for a while and was getting a lot of teeth.
He loves his "tractor" construction vehicle that says "Caterpillar Power!" every 2 seconds (this drives me crazy but it keeps him happy so I let it go).
He loves cars, trucks, airplanes, boats, and animals.
He tells us everything is "Hot!". The concrete is "Hot!" out in the sun. Dinner is "Hot!". And I even walked through the freezer section at the grocery store and he told me it was "Hot!". We're going to have to work on that one.
His crazy curls were getting out of control and I finally decided to trim them myself, just to tame them. I can't let him have a little man's hair cut just yet. I love the curls too much. He wakes up with wild hair every morning and when he gets hot the curls get tighter. I also can't believe how much his hair has lightened up this summer!
He now wraps his arms around us to give us hugs instead of just leaning his head in.
 He gives kisses, high fives, and fist and belly bumps.
He likes to "jump" and stand on his head and dance!
He loves pointing out what is on his jammies and shirts every day and especially likes if there are cars on them.
Right now he calls Chloe "CoClo".
 
I think Connor's fit throwing skills rubbed off on Chloe because she is now very into throwing one if she doesn't get her way. She does things a little differently though. Connor used to just throw his whole body on the floor and scream. She will squint her eyes up and say "No No NO!" and then go find a toy and just throw it across the room.
She is still very sweet though and gives lots of hugs and kisses and smiles.
She loves Minnie Mouse, shoes, bows, and jewelry. She is also starting to get a little more opinionated about what she wears every day.
  She likes to play dress up and feed her baby dolls. I caught her singing one of them to sleep the other day.
She has no fear and is a little monkey. She will climb on anything and jump down and she's quick so I feel like I have to always keep my eye on her. She has bruises all over her legs all the time from all of her stunts.
She repeats almost everything we say and has her own language that I'm constantly trying to figure out what she's saying because it sounds very important.
She loves to cuddle up on the couch and watch movies or cartoons.
When she sees herself in the mirror she points and says "Oey!" and she calls Connor "Cnnor".
Saying "Hi!" to Brutus.

No comments:

Post a Comment