Monday, November 8, 2010

Weekend Details

First of all, I just want to say thank you again to everyone for all of the cards, flowers, notes, and emails we've received over the last 2 weeks. We really appreciate all of the support and love from our family and friends. It means a lot.
Friday night, we headed to Mathis Brothers Furniture to look at a console/credenza type piece of furniture we had picked out a few weeks ago. We've decided we want to make a few changes to the living room and our main idea is to get a bigger flat screen tv and hang it on the wall and have a bright piece of furniture to sit underneath it to hold all of the electronics (hidden). We had a big entertainment center with a flat screen that was a projection tv so you couldn't hang it on the wall for about 5 years and we are just ready to change it up a little bit. I also feel like every piece of furniture in our living room is brown and I really needed some color. So one night last week, we went looking at tvs and got really overwhelmed. We still need to figure out exactly which one we want. It's a big purchase and we all know how much tv I watch, I want it to be perfect!
But in the mean time, we did purchase the new piece of furniture for under the tv and we sold the old entertainment center on Craigslist in one day! We haven't set it all up yet, but I'll post pictures as soon as we do.
Saturday, I spent the whole day painting my bathroom. I know it probably shouldn't take 8 hours to paint a normal size bathroom, but I had to clean it first ( I think I shed more than the dogs do), and then I had to tape EVERYTHING off and there is a lot of random things to tape in there! Then I got my paint out and I like to go around all of the baseboards and everything I had to take off first and then get the roller out and go to town. I also painted the ceiling so that took a little more elbow grease and big crick in the neck. I got the whole thing painted but when I went in to look at it yesterday morning, I realized that it needed a second coat and I was too exhausted to attempt to get it done yesterday. David is supposed to help me finish it up this week. So I'll post pictures of this when I get it done to.
Saturday night, I met my friend Emily that I've known since kindergarten (that's 23 years!) up at the Hard Rock casino. She was in town for the weekend working with her sister and I'm really happy I got the chance to catch up with her for a few hours. David came and met me at the casino later that night and after Emily left, we did a little dancing, a few beers, and some gambling (at least I did some gambling while David sat looking at me like I was getting a little annoying and he was ready to go). But I'm glad we went out though. We haven't done that in a long time and I was happy to realize that I can still have fun and that I need to every once in a while. I probably won't do it again for a long time because I can only handle one of those kind of nights about once every 6 months or so! I'm getting too old!
So I spent the day yesterday catching up on my rest and just relaxing. I hope you all had a good weekend too.

No comments:

Post a Comment