Tuesday, May 5, 2015

Sickies

I started my Friday morning off with a trip to the ER with Connor. When I got him up for school, he was wheezing when he was breathing both in and out and he was having a pretty hard time. We did a breathing treatment and it didn't get any better. I could see his chest going up and down and his breathing was labored so I decided it was time to take him in. David got the other 2 ready for school and Connor and I went to the hospital.

We had been through this before when he was 9 months old and he's had the croup several times since then so I wasn't scared. I just knew they needed to treat him because what I was doing wasn't working.
We got checked in and they gave him another breathing treatment and a steroid and things got better. They also did x-rays of his chest and neck that came back clear.
 
We spent most of our time hanging out in our room watching Mickey Mouse and videos of Chloe at dance class.
We were finally released to go home after being there for about 3 1/2 hours.

We spent the rest of the day resting, as best we could. His medicine makes his heart rate jump up and he gets jittery and hyper, so it was a little hard for him to rest. We tried to watch as many movies as possible.

He rebounded that night and had another episode that was a little hard to get under control, but after a breathing treatment and some time in the bathroom with the steamy shower, I put him in bed with us and he calmed down.

He had to skip soccer on Saturday, but he was getting restless and started pulling out all of his toys and bringing them downstairs.
He even let Cooper play, but he was only allowed to have one super hero at a time.

By Sunday morning, Connor was begging to get out of the house, so David took him to see the new Avengers movie in 3D. While the boys were gone, I took Chloe and Cooper to the park, out to lunch, and to Claire's for Chloe to pick out some new earrings.

And as always, they both ask for the other one when they are separated. She kept telling me that she wanted Connor to come see the park and that she wanted to go see the movie. And when Connor found out we went to the park he got upset that he didn't get to go.

Chloe is even having sympathy coughs for him and tells me that she needs medicine and breathing treatments. She's on to me though and asked me this morning why I put water in her medicine syringe!

No comments:

Post a Comment