Thursday, February 24, 2011

Where have I been lately?

I know that's the question you're all asking! Not a whole lot has been going on with us...I've just become obsessed with coming up with ideas to make our house exactly the way I want it. I've been preoccupied with trying to pick out the perfect paint colors to repaint almost the entire house. We've had 2 appointments with painters and we're trying to get the best quote and find someone we are happy with. I've found a passion for finding new blogs that are all about decorating, and interior style, and DIY projects.

And of course...

More boxes from Amazon! Ok, wait...let me back up a minute. Last Friday night, David and I went to Lowe's to get some paint to finally paint my thrift store buffet. And while we were waiting for some assistance, I was browsing through the interior design books and I was practically drooling. But I wasn't about to pay $20-$25 for a book when I wanted 5 of them! So I discovered a new app for my phone that I have determined is the best thing since chocolate chip cookies! So for all you iPhone users, get ready...because you are going to want this app! It's called ShopSavvy (I can't remember if it's free or not). With this app you can scan a bar code on anything at any store and it will find the best deal for that item online and at your local stores. Isn't that amazing! One book I scanned that was selling for $19.95 in Lowes popped up on Amazon for $.01 plus shipping! It was a used book, but it turns out a new one was on Amazon for $4.95 with free shipping! You can't beat that! So I went to town scanning everything in sight and went home and ordered 3 books and I'm on the hunt for more. So that explains my new Amazon boxes.

I also have another bar code scanner app that's called RedLaser, but I found that when I scanned a few books the scanner didn't recognize them but when I switched over and started using ShopSavvy, it did recognize every single one of them. It truly is a shoppers dream!

A few more money saving apps I'm into right now are... Groupon, LivingSocial, and Target. They all have really good daily deals.

No comments:

Post a Comment