Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Where were you?

Today marks the 16th anniversary of the OKC Bombing.


I was in seventh grade at Indepence Middle School in Yukon, OK (just about 15 minutes away from the site).


I personally didn't feel anything, but I remember kids talking about how they were out in classes in the portable buildings and that they could feel it. Like a little earthquake.



My mom worked close to downtown at the time and they could really feel it there.



I can remember when word first started going around school that something had happened. There was a bomb? Do seventh graders really understand what that means? I don't think I did. I just remember hearing that something had happened and a friend of ours was being taken home by the school counselor because something had happened to his dad.
It wasn't until after I got home from school and saw it all over the tv, and had relatives calling to see if we were ok, did I realize how bad this really was.



April 19th will always be a day of rememberance. Do you remember where you were?

No comments:

Post a Comment