Monday, June 11, 2012

Weekend Review

We had such a busy and fun weekend.
First, David and I took the babies out to eat on our own on Friday night. This is probably only the 2nd time we've done that since they've been born and I have no idea why we don't do it more often. They do so good out in restaurants as long as they've already been fed. They love to see all the people and the noise puts them to sleep. And we actually get to sit down together to eat a meal! I wish eating out was free so we could do it every night! Saturday morning we got up and went to visit David's grandparents.

I think David's grandparents have over 20 great-grandchildren and 2 great-great-grandchildren.

Saturday was also my mom's birthday.
My parents came up to see us and spend the day with us on Sunday to celebrate. We decided to take the babies to the pool for the first time while they were here.
Connor wasn't so sure about the water. It's a little chilly compared to his warm bath water. He was also a little cranky from not taking a nap before we went.

On the other hand, Chloe was well rested and she LOVED it.


I think it was a little bit of a shock at first but she quickly took to the water and was even splashing around.


She loved watching all of the other little kids at the pool too. She's going to be my social butterfly. I'm just happy we finally found something she really likes!


Connor got back in the water a little later and did much better after he got use to it.


I love how Chloe has her hand on Bubba's shoulder like she's trying to comfort him and tell him it's ok. Like she's saying "It's fun Bubba, see (insert one of her splashes)".
So now I'm happy to report that we are officially registered for swimming lessons that start in about a month from now.  Stay tuned for that cuteness.
In other news, the babies upgraded to highchairs this weekend. Connor's legs were getting too chunky for his bumbo seat so I just bit the bullet and purchased 2 chairs. They have wheels on them and the first time I put Connor in his chair I wheeled him around the kitchen and he thought that was so funny.


Chloe does ok, it just depends on what kind of mood she's in.

No comments:

Post a Comment