Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Our Weekend

We had another wonderful weekend spending time with our babies! The weekend mornings are usually spent with us all in pjs, eating breakfast and watching tv and playing. And now that the babies can pretty much drink their bottles on their own, I prop them up on their boppies, turn on some cartoons, and hand them their bottles. As I did that really for the first time this past Saturday I got a little teary-eyed. It just hit me and I sat there and took it all in. This was one of those moments that I had looked forward to for so long! I know it seems so simple, but I used to dream about these mornings with my kids. Watching cartoons with sleepy eyes and crazy bedhead and cute footed pajamas.
While I'm getting bottles ready, the babies are usually playing on the floor.
And no, we haven't caged them in, completely anyway. The gate is just being used to mainly block them from the fireplace and the tv receiver.
Chloe is really trying to figure out how to crawl. She pushes up on her arms and gets on all fours and rocks back and forth or does a little leap frog move. But now she is starting to get up on her feet with her legs straight and her butt up in the air. It's almost like she's going to try to bear crawl.
I thought the rubber mat would be a good idea, mainly for spit up reasons. I was washing their quilt they play on about every day because they spit up or drool all the time. Well, they quickly figured out how to take the rubber mat and all it's little pieces apart, which is a good and a bad thing. Bad because I'm always having to put it back together, but good because it keeps them entertained for a long time!
The mat has 36 pieces and of course they always want the exact piece that the other one has at that moment.
Also, I'm having trouble getting them to take a picture together. They don't want to sit still anymore! So this is what most of my pictures look like now...
The weather is finally getting a little more tolerable outside, so on Sunday I put the small kiddie pool on the back porch and let the babies splash around for a little while.
Of course this didn't last long because the pool isn't big enough for both of them and all they wanted to do was climb out of it!
Then it was time for a nap. I'm so happy to report that Connor is doing SO GOOD with his naps these days. I don't put them in the same room to nap anymore because they were just keeping each other up the whole time. So he goes down in our room in a Pack N Play and she naps in her crib on the opposite side of the house. He goes down without a fight most of the time and sleeps for about an hour at each nap.
Chloe is a different story now. She will go down without a fight and not cry but since she knows how to sit up on her own now, she plays in her crib with her babies and purse and bink for at least 20-30 minutes and sometimes even 40 minutes before she lays down and falls asleep. She's starting to get a little bit more curious now too and I watch her on the monitor trying to pull herself up in her crib! I can already tell she's going to be a climber!
On Sunday, I watched her play in her crib for about 30 minutes and then the next time I looked at the monitor I thought she looked a little weird but still so I knew she was asleep. So I went in to check on her and this is how I found her...
She eventually laid all the way down. She had played so hard, it looks like she fell asleep mid action.
The babies are getting to be SO much fun and I miss every second I'm away from them. The weekends just aren't long enough!

No comments:

Post a Comment