Thursday, May 6, 2010

(un)Happy Cinco de Mayo

Yesterday was Cinco de Mayo. Yesterday was also the day that we got yet another negative pregnancy test.

I did the same thing I've done the last 2 times. The whole 2 week wait, I've told myself that I'm not pregnant. I don't feel any different, but for some reason I just have a feeling it didn't work. I think I'm also trying to not get my hopes up. But then the day of the test comes and somehow I start thinking that it might be possible to get some good news. But then my heart just gets broken all over again.

I feel like I handled this time better though. I don't know why, but the bad news seemed easier to take.

The next step is for me to have a procedure done called a Laparoscopy. This is where they take this scope and go in through your belly button and look around in there and possible clean stuff out if they need to. It's an outpatient procedure done at the hospital but I've heard some pretty bad things about it. I've heard that it's really painful and makes you extremely sore for a few days. Most people are off work for 2 or 3 days afterwards. Your belly also swells up. So I'm imagining that it's going to feel kind of like I did after the last IUI where I couldn't even stand up straight to walk, but a little worse.

But I'm not scheduled for this until the first week in July because they are all booked up until then and the doctor is taking 2 weeks off for vacation. This disappointed me because I feel like I'm just stuck in time, waiting...waiting...still waiting. All I ever do is wait. Wait for my cycle to start, wait for my IUI to be here, wait 2 weeks for the blood test, then wait 4 hours for the results. Then the cycle starts all over again and just more waiting. Now I have to wait for this. I'm not a patient person!

The only thing good I can find out of this is that at least I don't have to be on any medicine for the next 3 months. And I can diet and exercise and work out like I want. And I can enjoy a good part of my summer and my Mexican vacation (next month!)

So after I had just a tiny pity party for myself, I realized it was Cinco de Mayo. And since I wasn't pregnant after all, I needed to celebrate with a Margarita! I stopped at the liquor store on the way home and picked up a bottle of premade margarita and went home and got my blender out.



It wasn't as good as a real margarita and I couldn't get the salt to stick to the plastic cup, but it was the thought that counted, right?

Then my love came home and we sat outside and talked...





Oh, and...David and I are picking up a new hobby! Stay tuned for the details...

No comments:

Post a Comment