Monday, October 18, 2010

Fall Decorations

I'm slacking in this department! I love decorating, I just don't know how to do it very well. And I told myself that I would buy just a little bit each year, or buy a bunch of stuff after the season when everything goes on sale. I've said that for 5 years now and have NEVER done it! I've already moved on the thinking about the next holiday that I can't bring myself to buy stuff that I won't be able to use for another year!
And currently, I've been focused on buying clothes that fit my expanding body and saving up for big things like nursery furniture, that I can't justify spending alot on fall decorations. So, this is all that I'm left with and I'm ok with it. Simple.

I found this pumpkin at Kirkland's and there were only 3 in the store and one was a "D". So of course I had to get it.

I also got this wreath at Kirklands. I wanted the really pretty ones at Hobby Lobby but they are between $50-$100 and I will NOT pay that to hang a bunch of sticks and fake leaves and pumpkins on my door! So this one I paid $14.99 will work just fine!


Oh! And I wish I would have gotten a closer picture of the wreath holder because it even has a little "D" monogram on it! Also from Kirkland's. And the broom was up in teh attic with some of our old halloween decorations that I'm just not feeling this year, so I threw that out there too. Maybe one day I will invest a little bit more money in a nicer wreath or attempt to make my own, but this works for me now.

I wish I could put a sign out in the front yard that says "Excuse the lack of fall decor...we are expecting twins here people!"

No comments:

Post a Comment