Friday, October 8, 2010

Sad

This story broke my heart when I first heard about it and yesterday I broke down in tears last night when I heard the latest news. Leslie passed away yesterday morning.

http://lesliejoyevans.blogspot.com/

Like I said before, I knew who Leslie was from school, but I was not personally friends with her, so I was a little surprised with how quickly the tears came last night. It made me feel sad because of the fact that she was carrying twins just like I am. And it made me sad to think about her wanting to be a mother and having something that was supposed to be so happy go so wrong and end so sadly. And it made me feel sad for her husband who had just lost his first wife a few years ago and now Leslie. He lost 2 life partners within just a matter of years. How is that fair? It hurts my heart.

Last night, after I calmed down a little, I just sat and tried to think about my life right now. I finally got what I've wanted for so long, to be pregnant! And now I need to learn to sit back and enjoy it and be thankful every day for my blessings. I don't need to get worked up waiting to find out the sex, figuring out what the nursery is going to look like, deciding if we need to get a bigger car or not, and wondering if I will ever be able to accomplish breastfeeding two babies. I know all of that stuff will work itself out. But I just need to focus on the important stuff...my babies and my husband.

And...I just started crying again! Geez! Hormones!

No comments:

Post a Comment