Thursday, December 30, 2010

2010 Wrap Up

2010 is finally over and I'm so ready to move on. But first, I decided to make a year-end post...a summary of the bigger posts from the past year.


Everyone that reads my blog knows what kind of roller coaster year we've had. Or maybe I'm just a roller coaster of emotions...who knows! Our struggle with infertility has been drawn out yet another year and this January will mark 3 years of trying to conceive.
Over the past year, we have been through 4 IUIs, 3 months on birth control to try to get rid of cysts on my ovaries, one Laparoscopy to remove endometriosis, a PREGNANCY (yah!), and a devastating miscarriage which led to a D&C and genetic testing.
Right now I feel more frustrated than ever because we got so close and then it all came crumbling down harder than ever. I truly feel like the loss was more devastating then the infertility. It's a whole new worry for me now. My concerns now aren't about if we will ever GET pregnant, it's about if we will be able to STAY pregnant and actually have a baby. I really don't know how I would handle another miscarriage.

We also had some good times this past year. We were lucky enough to go on 3 vacations this year.

First we went skiing in February...

In June, we went to Playa del Carmen with my parents for their 30th Anniversary...


And a few weeks ago we went on our first cruise to Key West and the Bahamas...

We also made a trip to Alabama to visit my family for Thanksgiving.

And don't forget a few dozen or so trips to the lake...




Including Brutus' first time on the boat.

I threw my first baby shower for my friend Chelsea...

And then Bobby was born...


I had my 10 year high school reunion...


David and I both turned another year older in August...


We saw friends get married...


But I do have to say...I think my most favorite moment of 2010 was when I got to see this...

As devastating as losing the twins was, I wouldn't take back getting pregnant in a heartbeat. I went from being the happiest I have ever been to being hurt and more depressed than I have ever been. As much as I wish the miscarriage never happened, I'm still extremely happy that I was pregnant with them and that I got to experience that part of it, even if it was just for a short time. I got to experience true happiness and I hope I never forget that feeling. I will never forget them and they will always be a part of me.

Now I'm ready to move on to 2011!

Happy New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment