Monday, January 3, 2011

Happy New Year!

We threw a New Year's Eve party on Friday night. This was our second year in a row to throw a party and I hope everyone had fun again this year!

I had tons of food because I was so worried about not having enough to eat. But wouldn't you know that everyone goes out to dinner before they go to parties?!?! Go figure. Oh well, I'll know better next time.

I'm not sure if I will ever mess with that stupid chocolate fountain again after i dumped the first batch of chocolate all over the floor at the exact time everyone was supposed to be showing up. It was a disaster!
But we got everything cleaned up just in time for people to start showing up.

At first, it was girls downstairs talking...


And the boys were upstairs playing pool and watching football...

Then, as the night went on, more people showed up, a game called "Boat Racing" was played out in the garage, we played a gamed called "Left, Right, Center" where one lucky guest won $57 (I think), several people won a few prizes from drawings that I did, and a lot of dancing went on. Don't worry everyone...I won't post all of the pictures from us dancing! But I will post this one of David and Nate...

I don't know where I was while this was going on (Molly was running around taking pictures with my camera all night...thank you!), but the next day when I was looking through everything I asked David if they were doing push ups or something and he said "no, we were doing the worm!". Of course.

Here are a few pictures from the night...





I hope everyone had a great time at the party. And I hope everyone else had a very Happy New Year as well.

I'm so excited that it's a brand new year. That means a new start for several things in my life. New hopes for the future and how I will handle it all. New eating habits, hopefully (I saw a number on the scale this morning that I've NEVER seen before and it scared the crap out of me!). It's so hard to work out a whole lot while you are trying for a baby. It's a little hard to explain and I'm not going into all of the details but it's hard to stay consistant because I'm too worried about over doing it during certain times of the month. But I can at least start eating better! I also want to start handling our finances better and learn new saving habits. But most of all I really want to work on my attitude and how I handle things in my life. And as always, I want to take more pictures :)

Happy New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment