Friday, May 11, 2012

From one mom to another...

I'll finally get to experience my first Mother's Day this weekend and I'm so excited! I know there will be plenty of tears of joy in the next few days and this letter I received from my mom this morning started it all off!

Mom, thank you for recognizing how significant this day is for me.

Grab your Kleenex people!

Dear Tara,
With Mother’s Day coming up, I recently looked back at your blog for the past two years and read each posting one by one. You have been through more in the past few years than many girls will ever experience. As hard as it was, I think it has made you a stronger person and an even better mother!


 In the last year, you had to face a lot of difficult times during what should have been a very exciting time of pregnancy. The health issues towards the end were very scary but you stayed strong and determined to make it through. Then, when they finally got here, you had to stay strong for Chloe, yet try to be there for Connor as much as you could.


 Once they were both home, you gave them all your time, energy and motherly love, 24/7! I know you suffered through a lot of sleepless nights and tried to do all you could on your own and you did a wonderful job! They are sleeping through the night because of your determination and hard work to get them there!


I can only imagine how hard it was for you to go back to work and leave them in the care of someone else who you barely know. I’m sure you miss them during the time you have to be away from them but once again, you are doing what you feel is best for them by continuing to work to provide a better life for them.


Then there’s the issue of breastfeeding two babies!! Never in my wildest dreams would I have ever imagined that you would be able to do it but you did! You have provided your babies with the best nutrition to help them grow. This, too, has been a struggle for you but your determination to do what is best for them has kept you going, even when you wished you could give it up. I know it has been difficult and bothersome at times, but you will look back some day and be so glad that you did it for as long as you did.


The day I saw you hold your babies for the very first time (after having to wait 12 hours), had to be one of the happiest days of all our lives. I know this is something you have wanted for a very long time and you are so blessed to have two beautiful, healthy babies!! A warm feeling of joy goes through me every time I see you with them, laughing and kissing them! Just in the short time you have become a mother, you have made me so proud. You are already an amazing mother and you have so many years of happiness ahead of you!


Hope you have a nice, relaxing weekend. Enjoy every minute of this, your first Mother’s Day, because it is now your day to celebrate!!


 I love you,
 Mom


 P.S. Thank you for two beautiful grand-children!

1 comment:

  1. That is beautiful, Tara! And every word of it is true. You've worked so hard to get to this day, enjoy every moment of it!

    ReplyDelete