Thursday, May 10, 2012

Just because

I haven't posted in a while so here are some pictures of the babies from this morning.
Things are going good. We're still struggling with what to do after I pick them up from day care. This is definitely their "witching hour" but it really should be called "witching hours" because it's on and off all night until bath time.
 So what we do right now is play time on the floor for a little bit and then feed around 5:15. Then a little bit more playtime and then nap time. While all of this is happening, David has been the one doing the playing and rocking Connor to sleep while I run around crazy trying to get things done around the house and eat dinner before the next feeding, then bath, then bedtime. If I don't do it all then, I'm not in bed until at least 10:00 and that's VERY late for someone that wakes up at 4:45 am! I feel so rushed at night to try to fit everything in and get to spend a little bit of time with them too.  It's not fair!

We're making the slow transition to formula from breast milk. This is happening because of basic supply and demand. They're eating more during the day at daycare in bottles than I'm able to pump while I'm at work and all of my back up storage is almost all gone. So we're supplementing almost half and half right now and are working towards finding a formula that works before we go to all formula feedings and I start weaning myself off breastfeeding and pumping. We've just switched to soy formula instead of the milk-based because they were having really bad gas and tummy issues with the milk-based. I can already tell a difference after just one day of the soy, so I hope we're headed into the right direction and it leads to less fussiness at night.

No comments:

Post a Comment