Monday, July 14, 2014

1 month!

Cooper is 1 month old!
He's getting bigger, but still wearing newborn clothes. But I have gotten out all of Connor's 3 month clothes and washed them because it won't be long until he's ready for them. He's getting too long for the newborn sleepers.
He is eating every 3 hours and is sleeping very good at night, unless he has gas (my fault!). I usually have to wake him up to feed him at night and then he goes right back to sleep after his feeding, no rocking needed. So I'm pretty lucky that he doesn't have his days and nights confused.
 
 But naps are a different story. It's like he knows it's day time and he wants to be held ALL DAY LONG. He will fall asleep in my arms and the second I put him down he wakes up screaming.
 So now that he's a month old, we're working on getting him to nap in his crib during the day by starting to let him cry it out. I did this with the twins so I'm a big believer in it. It's a little painful these first few days, but I know it will be so worth it by the end of this week.
 I waited to do this until he was a month old because newborns cannot be sleep trained before a month. But we did work on developing an "Eat, Wake, Sleep" schedule since week 1.
He is a very sweet baby and just loves to be held. I know there's nothing wrong with that, but with two toddlers, it's a little difficult for this momma. David and I have just been switching off with either taking care of the twins needs or holding the baby. That part is for sure easier with just one baby.
It's also easier to take pictures of just one baby!
I started this month off thinking "Oh, I can handle this! Newborns are easy...he just sleeps all the time".
 Then it changed to "Oh MY GOSH! Life has changed forever! Am I ever going to get sleep again?!?! Are the twins always going to be this difficult?!?! I'm too tired to hear all of the whining!"
 
Basically, the baby part is easy, except for the 3 feedings a night thing, but the twins are deep in the terrible twos and they are the hard part. I know it won't always be like this and it might even be a delayed reaction to the baby coming home, but it's freaking frustrating!
But at the end of the very busy, stressful, tiring day...I get to kiss all THREE of my babies goodnight and that's a pretty amazing feeling (yes, I'm a rollercoaster of emotions these days!)

No comments:

Post a Comment