Monday, November 17, 2014

First Snow of the Season

This weekend was cold! And with a chance of snow, we planned nothing. We stayed in our jammies all weekend, finished the Christmas decorations, watched movies, turned the fireplace on, and played in the snow.


Connor had a little accident in his jammies on Sunday morning so I let him pick out another pair to wear and he found some new Christmas jammies in the bottom of his drawer (that I was saving until December). I know it's not even Thanksgiving yet, but we are all so excited for Christmas! It was all I could do to not change everyone into Christmas jammies after I saw him in his.

When it started snowing/sleeting, it was so small it was a little hard to see. The kids went from window to window trying to get the best view and they found it in Chloe's room.
When I look at this picture, I'm reminded of this one of them looking out the same window when they were about 9 months old...

After nap time, we bundled the twins up and went outside to play in the snow.
They loved it. David showed them how to make snowballs, they slide down their snow covered slide, watched Brutus in the snow, and of course threw snow up in the air like Elsa does with her ice in Frozen.

While they were playing outside, Cooper and I stayed inside and watched from the window.

My happy boy hanging with Daddy...

Random funny:
We're having a little problem with 2 kids that toot at the table and we're trying to teach them that it's not appropriated to do that at the table while we're eating (I have no idea if they know how to control that yet or not). So Chloe tooted and David said "Chloe was that you?" in a playful way and I told her to say "No, I don't toot. I'm a lady." And she ended up saying "No, I'm a lady bug." So now any time we say something about a toot or someone toots, she tells us how she doesn't toot because she's a "lady bug".

No comments:

Post a Comment