Monday, April 20, 2015

Connor & Mommy Date

I saw a commercial for the Tulsa Auto Show on tv last week and it advertised that you could meet your favorite super heroes like Captain America in person! I just knew I had to take Connor and I told David that I really wanted to take just him. I feel like I don't get much one on one time with my big boy and this was my chance!

We snuck away while Chloe and Cooper were napping and I didn't tell Connor where we were going. So he was a little surprised when we walked in and saw Iron Man!
After we saw Iron Man, we had an hour to kill before Captain America made his appearance. We walked around and looked at cars, Connor played on the inflatables, and we ate Connor's favorite snack, popcorn.
Connor also loves Jeeps. He will spot one from a mile away and then talk about it the whole way home. So of course he needed to sit in one!
I was looking at another car, just for me and he asked me if I would let him sit in it and take his picture.
We also met OU Football player Blake Bell. Connor was more excited about his autographed football picture than the actual football player.
 
Captain America is his favorite (or at least he is right now). And I didn't tell him who was coming up next, I just told him that we had to wait for the next super hero to get here. And when he asked me who it was I just told him it was a surprise. After a few more times of him asking and me saying that I didn't know, he said "I think it's Captain America".
 
Finally Captain America shows up!
When our turn was up we headed towards the exit and stopped to potty first. Then Connor tells me that he needs to tell Captain America bye. So we head back to see him and Connor yells "Bye Captain America!" and Captain America turns to Connor and waved bye. It was so sweet.

Even though I know it's good to get the kids out and spend one on one time with them and make them feel special all by themselves, they really do miss the other one. Connor talked about Chloe the whole time. We saw a pink car and Connor said "Chloe would love that car". And then we saw a lady with pink shoes on and he said "Chloe would love those shoes". He thought about her the whole time and when we were driving away he said "I'm going to tell Chloe all about it."

Then we get home and Connor is telling David about it and I bring him my phone so he can show David and Chloe the pictures and Chloe got so excited and saw the inflatables in the background and she said "Maybe next time I will go". I felt so bad and it broke my heart.
 But I know Connor needed this time too. I do plenty with Chloe and we get one on one time every week when I take her to dance. She is by no means neglected when it comes to attention. But she sure does know how to tug on those heart strings.
But it made me realize that maybe they don't mind sharing all of their time with each other and really do love doing everything as a pair.

No comments:

Post a Comment