Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Painting - Day#2

When I got home from work yesterday, my little painter Betty was working her little tush off. She had completed tapping and prepping everything, the entire living room was textured and she had started going up the stairs but ran out of putty, one coat of white paint was put on the bottom of the chair rail, and she had painted a few samples of paint on the walls for us to look at. I'm glad she did that because the color I had picked out for the kitchen was not what I was expecting at all, so I had a change of plans.

Here are some pics of the house from yesterday:

Nothing really new here, just the bottom part is painted white so it's not really noticeable.




I'm going with the color on the left for the kitchen and dining room. I really, really like it. It's called Backdrop and it's like a brownish grey. I didn't want to go with full on grey because everything in my house is brown and it just wouldn't go together, and sometimes I find that all grey walls make the house feel cold and cave like. But I wanted to get away from tan everywhere, so this was a very pleasant medium.

The color on the right was my plan for the kitchen but it's too brown and would look horrible with our brown cabinets.

I just noticed that my table isn't covered up! I hope they do that today!

Just another view of the hallway going into the living room.

They are starting to paint today so I'm really anxious to get home and see it. Everything is going to look so different. I just hope I don't hate the colors! I'm always second guessing myself when it comes to this.

And...I love the fact that we hired someone to do this job instead of doing it ourselves. Just seeing all of the blue tape sent chills up my spine and flashbacks of me painting the bathroom and every room in our last house all by myself! So far everything has gone pretty smooth and looks nice. I love the fact that it's getting all done in one week. If we attempted to do this big project ourselves, it probably would have taken a month. Also, Betty has helped me with my color choices and has offered advice on what we should do. They are VERY reasonably priced, so if anyone needs a referral just let me know.

1 comment:

  1. we hired tylee's room done too. i HATE painting so every ounce of money was worth it just so i didn't have to do it!! i cannot wait to see the finished product!

    ReplyDelete