Monday, March 14, 2011

Project #1 (of many...)

I have to have something to focus on. I have to have something to plan, to look forward to, to put my energy in to. If I don't, my infertile mind goes crazy having to deal with the reality of the crap we're going through. So my understanding husband agreed to let me have the house repainted. Yes, our house is brand new...well, we've lived in it for about a year and a half now. But I've been unhappy with the paint colors the entire time. When we were building the house, I felt rushed and had no clue what I was doing. This resulted in having walls that are almost white and everything looking really bland. I find myself just sitting on the couch staring at my surroundings, trying to figure out a way to make them better. So I finally get to do something about it!

The painters are at my house as I type this! But David told me that no painting is taking place just yet. They are prepping the house today and then getting started after that.

I spent the day yesterday taking everything down off the walls and it made me excited to think that I get to start all over. After the painting is done, I get to redecorate my house and try things out in different spots and get new things (but make David think they are old things).

I took some before pictures (I cleared out the kitchen before I thought to get my camera out):

Please, please excuse the blurriness in almost every single one of these pictures...I don't know if I was just overly excited, running around taking pictures, or if I've forgotten how to take a normal picture because it's been a while (I had to remember where I put my camera!).

Everything is so brown and I'm sick of it!







This room is so boring! This is the room that actually got the ball rolling. I never really knew what to do with this room and it wasn't a big priority when we moved in because we really don't ever use it. And I HATE that mirror, so I sold it last night on craigslist and I've purchased something new. Also, the old thrift store buffet I bought for $50 is supposed to be going in this room. I have a few more changes in mind besides the new coat of paint happening this week.
That blurry image at the bottom of this pic is Brutus. He followed me around all day. I told him he was helping Momma. My sweet boy.


I wanted to have the cabinets painted too because I really love white cabinets right now. But David and the painter talked me out of it. The painter said to wait and see how I like it with a new color on the walls because it will change the look of everything.
I'm getting rid of this kitchen table and replacing the bar stools. I've purchased a new table for $40 from a garage sale and have big plans for it. I just need to find the perfect chairs to go with it now.

This is what it looked like this morning. Empty! I love the feeling of starting over!

It looks like we just moved in!




Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment