Monday, April 22, 2013

Date Night, Sickness, & Birthday Party Fun!

We had such a busy, fun, miserable weekend all in one!
 
 
Friday night, David and I went with some friends to a dinner for Project Hope. It was a good dinner and such a good cause, but throughout the night I could feel myself going down hill, fast. My throat was so sore that it felt like it was closing up and I was starting to get really achy and uncomfortable. So I left early to curl up in my bed.
By Saturday morning, I was convinced I had either Strep or the Flu or both! I had to force myself to get out of bed to go to Urgent Care to find out if I was contagious or not because I didn't want the babies to catch anything else. It turns out, it was just a really bad case of allergies. I mean, REALLY bad! I was knocked on my butt from this crap. I haven't been this sick in a long time.
 I got a steroid shot and a prescription for cough medicine and was told to take some allergy medicine.
  What's even worse is that Chloe is suffering pretty badly too. Her eyes are leaking yellow gunk constantly and she wakes up with them matted together. And we haven't even been outside that much!
And one day last week, I wasn't sure if Connor was sick or not but he was coughing constantly and it turned out to be allergies. I'm just ready for this weather to straighten out! It's so miserable!
 
I was in much better shape Sunday morning, just in time to go to our little friend Bobby's birthday party. It was at a place called Bounce U and I wasn't really sure what to expect when it came to C&C being able to participate. But again, I need to never under estimate what they can do!
  They had such a good time!
 
My pictures suck! Again, it's hard to get them to stand still and look at the camera.
 
Connor taking off mid snap!
Refusing to look at me!
Chloe is a little bit better about it but lately her fingers are always in her mouth. I think she has more teeth coming in.
 
 
Bouncing and climbing.
 
 
She was mad that we stopped playing for a second to take a picture!
 
They did so good.  I feel like their new school has helped so much with them being more social instead of being scared of new people or just being stuck to our legs the whole time.  They ran around on their own the whole time.  Yes, they would look around for us but there were no fits or tears.
 
Speaking of their new school...when we give the kids a bath at night we ask them questions and sing songs and tell them to blow bubbles in the water and stuff like that.  Before they started the school, I had taught them where their noses and belly's were.  That's about as far as we got.  But last night, we started asked them where everything was...nose, eyes, mouth, head, hair, belly, feet, hands and we were shocked to realize that Connor knew all of them!  Chloe knows some of them but she mainly just watched Connor point them all out and she was too busy playing in the water.  She did know where Connor's butt was though, which is kind of funny that she knows that one!  And I have no idea what age kids start to learn what, but I was amazed by my little boy. 

No comments:

Post a Comment