Sunday, August 10, 2014

Frozen Tea Party

On Saturday, Chloe and I went to a "Frozen" themed tea party put on by a local boutique. Frozen anything is so popular and tickets for the tea party went fast! I ordered her an Elsa dress but didn't realize it was a pre-order and would not be here in time, so we had to go dressed as Belle.
She was so excited to go even though I didn't really tell her it was a Frozen tea party. I just told her it was for princesses because I wanted her to be surprised.
 
  And then my heart sank when every single little girl there was in an Elsa dress. Luckily, the boutique had some for sale and even had some in her size, so of course I had to buy one!
 
She immediately got excited when she saw all of the Frozen stuff and especially when she saw Anna and Elsa were there!
 
We found our name tag and goody bag and sat down to color a picture of Anna and Elsa.
 
Then it was time for Anna and Elsa to read the story of Frozen.
 
After story time and learning how to twirl...we had cupcakes and snow cones and then Anna and Elsa helped Chloe make a box of candy to go.
 
After all that sugar, there was a sing-a-long to all of our favorite songs from the movie.
And some more twirling. Chloe loves to twirl. And when she saw Anna twirling girls around, she shoved herself right up next to her.
 
After some very dramatic singing...it was time for a little craft project. Chloe got to decorate a princess crown that had her picture with Anna and Elsa on it.
 
Then it was time to go. We said our good-byes to Anna and Olaf, got more sugar and a balloon and headed home.
 
It was a great day...for her and me! I loved spending time with her and seeing her face light up. Will she remember this next year?  Probably not.  But I know she enjoyed it while it was happening and I will never forget it.

No comments:

Post a Comment