Monday, September 26, 2011

Happy Fall Y'all

Friday was the official first day of fall. So I decided to get out a few items to decorate the front porch.

I was having trouble finding some fall pillows to put in the chairs, so I made my own!


I bought some pillow inserts from Hobby Lobby, some cheap burlap fabric, some fabric paint, and some stencils. No, I don't have a sewing machine but I do know how to make a hem. But all I did with these pillows was use the no sew steam seam stuff that you iron on and it worked perfectly.


I'm not crazy about the door decorations and all of my mismatched leaves, but it'll do. It's a little hard to try to focus on decorating something else when I'm also trying to get a nursery and playroom put together at the same time!

Speaking of the nursery...
We finished painting!




The second coat of paint did the trick and I think the gray is now the perfect shade. I can't wait to get the bedding ordered and decorations up. We still have a ways to go before it's finished and another crib to put together, but I feel like the hardest part is over.

Also, up next, we're hoping to start painting the playroom this week!

No comments:

Post a Comment