Monday, September 12, 2011

Starting on the nursery

Project nursery has officially started!

I hope no one minds that this blog is now turning into all about the babies. But honestly, that was the whole reason this blog started. Yes, it began with our infertility struggles, but I had hopes of eventually getting pregnant and posting picture after picture of my babies. So now I'm getting my chance. I just don't want people to think I've forgotten the pain and heartache we have been through and now I'm just in gaga baby land. Trust me, that's not the case. I still have struggles every day that something is going to happen to these babies and we're going to have to start all over again. But I'm also letting myself enjoy this time which I feel is completely ok to do. I've waited a long time for this and I'm finally start get my hopes up that all of this might just work out for us. It's a hard thing to explain, but infertility doesn't just go away as soon as you get pregnant.

So on to the nursery...
I picked up the cribs on Saturday. And just FYI... there is a twins discount at Babies R Us. If you purchase more than one of the same big item, like a crib, then you get a 10% discount. I was aware of this discount when we ordered the cribs, but I had 2 20% coupons that David and I used and no one told me that I could also combine that with the 10% twin discount. So when I picked the cribs up I told them I wanted the twin discount too and I ended up getting $47 back! So total, I saved about $160 on these 2 cribs with my coupons and the discounts! Aren't coupons fun?!

David assembled one crib to check the size to make sure the room would be set up how we had planned before we started painting. I'm going to attempt to do the Chevron pattern on one of the walls and I wanted to make sure it would be the wall that the dresser/changing table was on.

I had a crib picked out that looks just like the one in this picture, but it ended up being a little too big and I was afraid 2 wouldn't fit into the nursery together. So this is what we went with:


This is the only picture I took of it this weekend and it's covered in plastic because I started painting the first wall yesterday.
I have to paint the whole wall white first, which you can't see in this picture because our walls are so light anyway. Then I plan on measuring and taping off the pattern this week.
I'll keep posting the progress so keep checking back!

No comments:

Post a Comment