Thursday, May 16, 2013

Chloe & Mommy Time

Our morning routine right now goes something like this:
I wake up way too early, before everyone else, and get myself ready. Then I go wake Chloe up and we cuddle on the couch and watch cartoons while she wakes up a little bit and then I get her dressed and she gets down and either sits in her chairs and watches cartoons or she plays with toys we have in the living room.
  Then I get Connor up and snuggle with him on the couch and then David gets up and helps get him dressed while I make their breakfast. He needs a little more snuggling in the morning because he is a little grizzly bear when he wakes up.
This is the reason I get Chloe up first. She's happy the minute she gets up but Connor wants more sleep and it takes a while to get him fully awake and the process isn't a fun one. He is GRUMPY and if you don't do something just right, his day starts off in a really bad mood.
 
  So before everyone else gets up, Chloe and I get to spend some one on one time together and I can't think of any way better to start off my day.
 
 
 
It's only for about 10-15 minutes but it makes me so happy.
I've found myself craving one on one time with each of them lately. It's hard to juggle my attention for both of them and I feel like each one is getting cheated of their mommy time. One wants to be comforted or just to cuddle and then the other comes up and wants some attention or needs me for something so I put the other one down and tend to that one. It's not fair to either one of them. Every once in a while, I will take just one with me to run an errand or to go shopping on the weekends. I try to remember who I took last time and take the other one the next time, to be fair.
Twin problems...

No comments:

Post a Comment