Monday, May 13, 2013

Picky Eaters and Water Bugs

C&C are picky eaters. I don't know if it's just a phase or this is permanent. I'm a picky eater so I expect nothing else, right? But I just figured if they had been eating vegetable baby food that they would be used to eating veggies and we wouldn't have a problem. Wrong. They won't touch veggies except Connor will eat carrots sometimes and they will both eat mashed potatoes. But it's not just veggies, it's fruits and certain snacks. I'm guessing it's a texture thing? Not sure. But it's pretty frustrating, especially since they are picky about different things and like different foods. Dinner planning is a challenge. But I refuse to make 3 different dinners so I figured they will eat it if they are hungry and we'll just go from there.
 
 
 
We went to our last swimming lesson of the season on Saturday.
C&C have come so far! The first swimming lesson, Chloe wouldn't walk into the water with me, I had to pick her up and carry her around the whole time while her nails dug into my shoulder and Connor cried through the whole thing. Now they will walk right on into the water, we actually have to watch them constantly while we are getting undressed by the pool that they won't just walk right in without us. And they walk around in the water without holding our hands. It makes me so nervous and they do take a couple of falls face first into the water, but we're never far to grab them. But they act like to no big and just keep on walking.
 
 
 
They are full on water bugs and love being in the water. Now we're ready for the summer and the lake and swimming pools!

No comments:

Post a Comment