Monday, December 16, 2013

Weekend of Birthdays

Friday night we went out to dinner to celebrate Uncle Kevin's birthday. It was right at the kids bedtime so I wasn't sure how it was going to go.
 When we got there, Chloe said "I tired baby" and I knew she was. She had an allergic reaction to her antibiotic that day and was on Benadryl and she is a stickler when it comes to her bed time. She kept saying "Ready to go" over and over and it eventually turned in to her screaming "Blankie! Blankie!" when we were walking out the door.
The girl loves seeing herself in pictures though.
 
Connor on the other hand, did great. He doesn't get fussy close to nap time or bed time and I think he could pretty much stay up as late as we would let him. He was playing and talking and being silly the whole time.
 
The next morning, I had hoped they would sleep in a little since we stayed up so late the night before and we had a birthday party at 1:00, right at their nap time, that I needed them to be in good moods for! But nope, they were up at 7:00 am.
So we got up, ate breakfast, watched tv and got ready to go to dance class. We haven't been since before Thanksgiving because of being out of town and then bad weather last week. So we were excited to go and I had decided to be brave and take both kids by myself.
 But when we got there, I found out class was canceled and when I started backing away from the building, Chloe started screaming and crying "Dance Class! Dance Class!" and she cried a big cry the whole way home. The kind of cry where she can't even breathe.  She was so upset. I still couldn't get her calmed down when we got home and of course her blankie was in the washing machine so she cried until it was dry. I thought for sure she would need a nap then, but she refused to lay down, so we watched Tangled in my bed while I dozed off and on until it was time for the party.
 
The big hit at the birthday party was a guy making balloon animals! The kids always want a balloon animal when we see them but the lines at public places are always so long, so we never get one. They LOVED it!
After the party, the kids finally got their nap around 3:00 and slept until 6:00. Since I knew they weren't going to bed anytime soon, we ate dinner, had a bath, got in our jammies, and went to look at Christmas lights.

No comments:

Post a Comment