Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Laparoscopy

Tomorrow's the day. We have to be at the hospital at 6:00 a.m. and then the surgery is supposed to start at 7:30. I think it's supposed to take take less than an hour, depending on if they find anything that needs to be cleaned out or not. And then I will be in recovery for about 2 hours, then I get to go home.

David took the day off and my mom came up tonight to be here if I need her. I was told I need to have someone with me for at least 48 hours after the procedure.

I'm not really nervous for the actual procedure, just for the pain afterwards. I'm also a little nervous for the results. I can't decide if it would better for them to find something and clean it out (then we would know that might be the cause of all of our problems), or is it better for there to be nothing there and we are back at the very beginning, not knowing what the problem is. What sucks about finding nothing there is that we won't know what to fix. But at the same time, if we can't find anything, more than likely we will get to move on and just go for the IVF (after we figure out exactly how we are going to pay for it).

Keep your fingers crossed...I don't what for, but isn't that what you are supposed to say? I guess at least keep your fingers crossed that the pain isn't too severe :)

No comments:

Post a Comment