Wednesday, November 16, 2011

27 week Dr. Appointment

Yesterday was a long day at the doctor's office. I had to do the glucose test (still don't know the results), then we had an ultrasound to do measurements on the babies, and then I had to meet with the doctor to go over the results.

The ultrasound was a little rushed because I had to get back to the lab for my blood work at a specific time. But the tech got all the measurements she needed and we got to see them move around a little bit.
This is the only picture we got though :( This is baby Boy, all smushed in there with his head tilted.

He was looking right at us.
Little Girl was less cooperative by facing my spine. I guess she was camera shy this one time. But she was my most active one of the day. I guess she got all the sugary orange drink before her brother got any. He was relaxed (probably because he has no room because she is smushing him!)
They measured good and are right on track. He is 2 pounds 6 ounces and she is 2 pounds 3 ounces. The doctor said he is a little bit on the bigger side and is in the 76th percentile, and she is a little bit on the smaller side in the 46th percentile. But everything looks perfect.

We also scheduled my C-Section! So I now have an actual date to tell people! When people have been asking me when I'm due, my usual response is "I'm due Feb. 17th, but that's 40 weeks and I probably won't make it that far with twins so maybe the end of January or first of February". But now I can say "February 2nd at 11:00 am!" Of course they can still come before that, but I won't go any further than Feb. 2nd. I hope I make it that far though...because that means they will be born on 2-2 (perfect date for 2 babies!)

No comments:

Post a Comment