Wednesday, March 26, 2014

28 week appointment

We had our 28 week appointment with the doctor today. It was a long one...I had to do the glucose test, an ultrasound, and then meet with the doctor. The ultrasound went good. We still didn't find out gender...I'm staying strong!
This is the only picture we got, a profile. It looks like the baby is blowing bubbles!  I'm not sure what's going on there...
The doctor said it was a pretty normal ultrasound. But the baby is only in the 27th percentile, which just sounds small to me even though it weighs about 2 1/2 pounds (which is what the twins weighed at this time). He said that we are still in a normal range because the baby is growing up with a curve (on his chart) instead of growing down, if that makes any sense. But he said to ease my mind, we will do another ultrasound to check growth in 4 weeks.  He said that I can't compare it to my other two kids because this is a completely different baby.
 
I will find out the results of the glucose and iron test tomorrow.  Last time I turned out to be anemic so I was put on an iron supplement.  I have a feeling that's going to happen again this time.
 
I also got asked twice while I was there if this was my first baby.  And I replied back with "no, it's my third" and that just sounded so weird coming out of my mouth!  Three kids!  Three kids under the age of three!

1 comment:

  1. yay for a healthy baby! and I think if I have another baby, since I also have boy/girl twins, I don't want to know the sex! I feel like that would be very exciting but I know it will drive my whole family mad! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete