Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Hold on buttons!!!

My pants are starting to fit a bit snug these days and I feel helpless! Last week, I ate horribly almost every single day. My meals consisted of pizza, cheeseburgers (more than once!), pasta, cookies, cake, candy, more candy, chips, Monkey Bread, and that's just the stuff I can remember! Who knows what else I shoved into my gourd! That's what happens the whole week before and after your birthday. People tell you "oh, have another cookie...it's your birthday!"
I wasn't able to walk at lunch too much last week because of my doctor's appointment, and then trying to make up some time from that so I wouldn't have to take vacation and then I was off on Friday. And I haven't been walking at night or doing any exercise because my strategy for this IUI is to relax and not over do ANYTHING. So I've made my butt mark permanently into my spot on the couch. And because of this, my housework and my pants are suffering! So, my plan of action now is to get off the sweets and fattening food only diet and get back to something that makes me feel like I'm not out of control. More chicken, rice, and salads for me.
I've also starting a plan for my house cleaning. I made a list of all the things that need to be cleaned around the house on a regular basis. Then, I split these items out...one per day. So yesterday, I cleaned the bathrooms, top to bottom (we never use the bathroom upstairs so I will only have to clean it about once a month or so). And today I will dust and vacuum everything. It might suck that I'm doing something every day, but at least I won't be spending several hours on a Saturday or Sunday trying to get everything done at one time. And I can always skip a day if I feel like it, but I'm going to try to stay on this schedule so I don't let things get too bad. And this way I will be able to make time to clean those annoying things like the baseboards and windows that I'm always too tired to clean after I've finished cleaning everything else. I guess I really didn't realize how much more housework comes with having a bigger house!

No comments:

Post a Comment