Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Changes

I've only been pregnant for about 27 hours, but already everything has changed for me. I know it probably sounds cheesy but it really has! My outlook on everything has changed and I'm so happy right now. I have something to look forward to and it's the most exciting thing that's ever happened to me.
I told tons of people the news yesterday. Mainly the people that have been following along with everything that we've been going through and all the people that sent me messages letting me know they were thinking of me yesterday morning and our close family. I told a few people here at work that have known what's been going on and it's spread a little bit around the office. I have a friend here at work that is like a second mom to me and she is running around like a proud grandma telling everyone. She even started crying when I first told her the news.
I think I'm still in a little bit of shock, but it's feeling more real with each person I tell. But I told David yesterday that I feel like I'm lying to people when I tell them because it seemed like it wasn't ever really going to happen! I mean, I feel like I'm pretending I'm pregnant or something.
Everyone has really made me feel loved and it's helping with my excitement even more. So many people have said that they feel like they just found out they are pregnant when I told them the news. It really has shown me how many people have been routing for us. It makes me feel proud that I'm finally able to give people good news instead of sad news that makes everyone feel uncomfortable!
I made my first doctor's appointment today with my new OB. I'll still be going to the the Tulsa Fertility Clinic until they release me around 8 or 9 weeks, but my first appointment with the OB is at 8 weeks on Sept. 27th. I don't know much about the pregnancy time line yet because I haven't had a chance to read anything about it, but the girl on the phone said that he will do an ultrasound to hear the heartbeat. That's crazy because in about a month I will already get to hear the heartbeat! That is unless it happens before that at TFC. But for now, I'm looking forward to my first ultrasound at TFC in about 2 weeks. It's going to be here before I know it!

No comments:

Post a Comment