Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Here we go again...

I had an appointment with Dr. Blackwell today for my baseline ultrasound and it's basically to check my ovaries and make sure there are no pesky cysts hangin out there. And everything looked perfect so we got the go ahead to try our 4th IUI this cycle.
They got my meds ordered and I filled my first prescription on my way home. I start the Femara tomorrow. It's just an oral taken twice a day for the next 5 days. Then I move on to the Follistim which is the daily injectible that I'm doing 3 days this cycle. After those 3 days are up, I go back in to see Dr. B. for my mid cycle ultrasound to check on my follicles and for her to determine when I take my trigger shot and when the insemination will happen. My guess is that the insemination will be next Friday. I'll know more at my appointment to check the follicles next Thursday. She did say that she is focusing more on getting the follicles to the right size instead of focusing on how many follicles I have. Her ideal situation would be to have 2 follicles around size 25. So let's keep our fingers crossed!
I was able to use my flexible spending account through work to pay for the previous IUIs and for the laparoscopy, but that money has now run out...I actually just used the very last $10.00 of it today for my appointment. So now everything is coming straight out of pocket and it's stressing me out. Before it just felt like everything was free because I didn't see the money coming out of the checking account. The money was being taken out before I even saw it on my paycheck, so it's like it was free! Not so much any more. Now I'm feeling every freakin penny come out and it makes the stress of it not working that much more. But I'm just going to have to get over that...

No comments:

Post a Comment