Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Setting myself up

Well, it's official...I've got my hopes up. I had totally dismissed this IUI before we even started the whole cycle. I had already moved on to IVF in my mind and started mentally preparing for how to pay for it, what month we would be starting it, etc. Well, it probably wasn't 5 minutes after I walked out of the doctor's office that I had convinced myself that I was already pregnant.

It's impossible to think positive without getting your hopes up. And it's extremely easy when you're just trying to prepare yourself for the worst. So I'm not sure which is the better way to go. But right now, I'm doing the first one and I'm totally expecting that I'm setting myself up for a huge disappointment and I feel like this one will probably be the hardest because it will mean that we will be moving on to the next and final step as far as we can see.

Anyway, on Friday night (before all of this madness started playing out in my head) David decided to run a 5K 105 degree weather. I wasn't pumped about going and sitting out in the heat but I needed to be there in case he passed out from heat stroke! He did pretty good for not doing anything like that in a while. There were 35 people in his age group and he finished 13 out of those 35.


No comments:

Post a Comment