Thursday, May 1, 2014

33 weeks Dr. Appt.

I went to my 33 week appointment yesterday that included an ultrasound.  I didn't get a lot of great pictures because the baby wouldn't look at us!  But we were there to mainly measure growth, so we didn't get to spend a lot of time trying to get it's attention.  We did get to see it have the hiccups and watch it talk a little bit. 
I think the face kind of looked like Connor with Chloe's lips.  This baby is giving me no clue if it's a boy or a girl, but right now I'm going to guess it's a boy.
 
So everything is looking great except for one little concern. The percentile has gone down over the last 3 ultrasounds, and it was actually the reason I even had this ultrasound. I was concerned last time with the baby only being in the 27th percentile so the doctor ordered another growth scan just to ease our minds.
Well, it went down again, to 18th percentile. So the last 3 ultrasounds went like this: 39th %, 27th %, and now 18th %.
This doesn't mean that the baby isn't growing. It did gain about 2 pounds since my last ultrasound. I guess it just means it's not growing as fast as it should? I'm not really sure what it means, but it's a little scary. The doctor is a little concerned but he said that baby is still in the "normal" range, it's just not a good sign that the growth curve is going down instead of up. So he has ordered another ultrasound in 3 weeks to measure the growth again. I will be 1 day shy of 36 weeks at that point and if it goes down again, we might have to move my C-section up to sometime in that next week. I would be close to 37 weeks. So 2 weeks earlier than planned.
 
All of this just because there might be something going on that could be causing this problem and once we get to the safe zone to deliver, it might be what's best for the baby to get it out.
It's a little scary and stressful. I wanted this baby to go the full term, or as long as I could since I have to have a C-section because I didn't want the baby to have to go to the NICU or special care nursery like the twins did. I want this baby to be able to go home when I go home. I didn't want this baby to have the premature issues that the twins sometimes have with allergies and sickness related to bronchial issues, and asthma. 
Obviously we will do what's best for the baby, I'm just worried. It's just weighing on my mind and I wish I had an answer.
 
But everything else looks great. The baby is moving all the time and the heartbeat is normal. So those ease my mind a little. I'm also gaining weight, so it has nothing to do with that. So now, we just wait...

No comments:

Post a Comment