Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Memorial Day Weekend 2014

We didn't plan anything too exciting for this weekend because I'm only 2 1/2 weeks from having this baby. Chloe had a fever off and on all weekend too, so we stayed close to home most of the time.
 
  We started our weekend on Thursday after school when I got out our new water slide.
David and I took Friday off from work but still sent the kids to school so we could get some stuff done around the house and run some errands. We even got to go out to lunch together and I took a nap!
 
We had our usual Saturday morning donuts and played a little outside while David went to play golf.
After our nap, we went back outside to eat popsicles.
Chloe was over her popsicle when it started melting.
 
We also watched Daddy work in the yard.
And Connor even got to drive the tractor!
Then we played on the water slide again.
Chloe has been letting me take her picture a lot lately. When I tell her I want to take her picture, she will stop and smile and say cheese, most of the time.
After they decided they were done with the water slide and wanted to take off their wet swimsuits, we colored on the back porch with chalk. I know it looks like we do a lot but the reality is that I think we just have a short attention span and it wears me out!
Sunday morning, we stayed around the house because Chloe woke up with a fever, but they both played fine the whole morning. After our nap, and when Chloe woke up feeling fine with no fever, we went to a birthday party for a boy in their class at the splash pad.
 It was our first birthday party where we knew no one, but it ended up being fun for the kids to see their friends from their class and for us to see them at the splash pad for the first time.
They weren't too sure about it at first and would NOT let go of me and David. It was also a little cold, so I don't blame them! But once they touched one of the sprayers for the first time, they had a lot of fun, especially Connor.
 
Monday morning, we played on the back porch and blew bubbles.
 
Then it started raining and never stopped, so we spent the rest of the day watching movies and playing inside.
 
It's very different from how we used to spend Memorial Day Weekend, but I wouldn't change it for anything. I was a little sad that we didn't get to go to the lake with the kids because I think they would have enjoyed it, but being pregnant is only temporary and there's plenty of summer left!
 
On another note...It ended up that Chloe has an ear infection, most likely due to allergies.  So we've been home snuggling today.

No comments:

Post a Comment