Friday, May 9, 2014

34 weeks!

I'm now 34 weeks! Only 34 more days to go!
 
Pregnancy Highlights:
 
How Far Along:34 Weeks
 
Size of baby: almost 18 inches long
 
Total Weight Gain/Loss: Gained 40 lbs (Compared to 57 lbs at this time during the twins pregnancy)
 
Maternity Clothes: Yes, and they are all getting small.
 
Gender: It's a surprise to us and everyone!
 
Movement: Yes, all the time. Lots of good strong kicks and stretches.
 
Sleep: It's ok. It's been a little harder with a sinus infection and having to deal with coughing and a stopped up nose. But if I don't have those issues, I sleep pretty good.
 
What I miss: Being able to lay on my back and playing with my kids on the floor comfortably.
 
Cravings: No cravings really. But I do eat a lot of Peanut Butter (which I love anyway) and cold things, like ice cream, ice cold water, and popsicles.
 
Symptoms: Just some discomfort from feeling heavy, like a little back pain and my feet and legs ache at night. And just a little bit of heartburn. This baby must not have very much hair if the relation of heartburn to hair is true.
 
Best Moment this week: My Diaper Shower
 
Time to compare...
 
I've been trying to talk to Connor and Chloe more and more about the baby coming. I tried explaining that Mommy and Daddy are going to go to the hospital and the doctor is going to get the baby out. And then they will come up to the hospital to see all of us and then the baby is going to come home and sleep in the nursery.
They repeat all of this all the time. If we ask "how is the baby going to get out of mommy's belly?" They will day "doctor get the baby out at the hospital".
  They also both say they are going to share their toys with the baby and that the name should either be Baby Chloe or Baby Connor, depending on if it's a boy or a girl.
I'm trying to prepare them for when I have to hold the baby. When I'm holding one of them, I try to say things like "you know mommy will have to hold the new baby sometimes too, right" and they just nod their head. I have no idea if they really understand what's going to happen or will they always think mommy has a baby in her belly, even when the baby comes home?

No comments:

Post a Comment