Thursday, June 19, 2014

Father's Day

Before we even went to the hospital, my plan was to get discharged on Saturday and come home. The doctor even told me that would probably be fine and plenty of people do it. I wanted to be home for Father's Day because I wanted David to be at home with all of his babies.
 But Saturday was horrible and we knew that wasn't possible.  We celebrated by sending Cooper to the nursery for 30 minutes while we walked down to the vending machines to get an Ice Cream Snickers.
 
  So then I was ok with going home on Sunday. I just wanted out of there and I thought we could at least just have a good dinner at home and sleep in our own beds. But nope, that wasn't going to happen either. They still wanted to monitor his weight and now it looked like he had a little bit of jaundice. So they wanted to monitor that too. And not to mention, he still wasn't circumcised!
 
So our Father's Day went exactly how the 2 previous days had gone, just sitting in our room, waiting to go home.
 
 
At least the twins got to come up and see David and give him their gift from them.
 
Connor and Chloe gave David an "Alphabet Book". It's a bunch of pictures of him with them and they are organized by letters, like "A is for Affection" and then there are pictures of him loving on them, "B is for Beach" with pictures of David and the kids from our beach vacation last year.
 
I really wanted to get a picture of David with all three of the kids. So when Chloe wanted to hold the baby, I told Connor to get up next to Daddy so I could take there picture. This is what I got...
 
Let's try that again.
Me: "Connor, Chloe, go stand by Daddy so I can take your picture."
One more try...
 
Happy Father's Day David!
  We've had 3 kids in 3 years and I really wanted you to have the best Father's Day ever, but it was out of my hands. I promise we will celebrate Father's Day soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment