Friday, January 6, 2012

34 Weeks!


Pregnancy Highlights:
How Far Along: 34 Weeks

Size of babies: 17.8 inches long

Total Weight Gain/Loss: Gained 57.2 lbs

Maternity Clothes: Full time sweatpants now since I'm not working.

Gender: A boy and a girl :)

Movement: Yes, but it's getting more limited with less space for them to move around.

Sleep: Not so good lately. It's hard to get comfortable and I'm having an itching problem, still.

What I miss: Being able to sleep normally, and I don't see that happening anytime soon because once this pregnancy is over, I'll be losing sleep with 2 babies in my arms. But I bet those sleepless nights are going to be a lot better than the ones I'm having right now.

Cravings: Nothing really, but I still love my Oreos. I don't really have much of an appetite for anything. I'm getting hungry more frequently, and I think that might be due to the steroid shots and that the babies are supposedly going through pretty big growth spurts right now.

Symptoms: Everything from my waist down is swollen. Heartburn is getting bad again. I'm having some side effects from the liver pills that I don't want to mention. And I'm still having the itching from the ICP. But it will all be over soon enough!

Best Moment this week: Getting to see the babies twice this week, being told to stop working (who's going to complain about getting to stay home and sleep whenever I need it?!), and moving the scheduled c-section up to 36 weeks!!!


 

2 comments:

  1. Hey! So I saw a post of yours over at how to nest for less of your amazing nursery. I LOVE it.

    These pregnancy updates are awesome and the pics are so pretty.I have to ask...what exactly is an ICP? I keep googling it and all I am getting is Insane Clown Posse references :/

    ReplyDelete
  2. ICP stands for intrahepatic cholestasis of pregnancy, or bile salts built up in the liver. I talk a little more about it a few posts back. I don't really know what causes it, but it's treatable and we're able to monitor the babies pretty close.

    Thank you so much for your comment!

    ReplyDelete