Wednesday, April 2, 2014

The Easter Bunny 2014

We went to see the Easter Bunny on Saturday at the mall. I like to go early because there are no lines and we can take as long as we want to try to get both kids to look at us at the same time without feeling rushed or annoying people that are waiting in line.
 
Before we left the house, I told the kids what we were going to do. And of course they had no clue what I was talking about but Connor heard "bunny" and was all for it. I showed them their Easter Bunny picture from last year and Connor got even more excited, but Chloe kept saying "No! Not see Easter Bunny!".
But in the car on the way there, I was trying to bribe explain to them that if they sat on the Easter Bunny's lap to have their picture taken and were good then the Easter Bunny would bring them presents. So that clicked in Chloe's head and she started saying that she wanted to go see the Easter Bunny.
 
When we got there, I carried Chloe in and David carried Connor. I could feel her tighten up the closer we got but I tried to act really excited and just sat her down and walked away, fully expecting kicking and screaming from her.
But this is what we got instead...
She was giving us "the look". She did NOT want to smile.
Until we told her that the Easter Bunny would bring her presents if she smiled and the Easter Bunny nodded his head.
Connor loved it and even gave the Easter Bunny a hug and I really think he could have stayed there all day with the bunny.
 
 
2012
 
2013
 
2014
This one was my favorite from the day.  I love Connor's face and she is half smiling so that's good enough for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment