Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Thoughts for the day

Well, first...I THOUGHT I started my next cycle yesterday, even though it was only CD# 15, which is really weird. I called the doctor and she told me that it's something called a "break through period" and it's cause by the birth control they put me on. And it's just my lining being released, not an unfertilized egg. I should have my real period in about a week and a half to 2 weeks from now and then I will have my ultrasound to check to see if the cyst is gone. Fingers crossed!

Next...I did our taxes last night and it only reminded me why I HATE doing taxes! I know, I know...I'm an accountant and I'm supposed to be good at it. But there are all different kinds of accountants and I'm the kind that hates doing taxes! That's why I never cared anything about getting my CPA. I hated my taxes classes and barely made it through them. But I thought, "our return should be simple enough" and turbo tax walks you right trough everything. But it took me 3 1/2 hours!!!! I think it took so long because turbo tax asks about 350 questions to guide you through the whole thing and try to get you the biggest refund possible. The main thing I hate about doing our taxes is that I'm afraid I missed something that a tax professional would have found and gotten us a bigger return. But it's too late now because everything is already filed and done! So I'm not thinking about it again for a year!

Finally...I feel like I've been really negative about a lot of stuff recently. I have felt down and haven't been able to see the positive things in my life lately. So I'm going to take this time to list a few things that truly make me smile...

1. When David REALLY laughs. When we thinks something is really funny, he crinkles his nose up and smiles so big as he's laughing.
2. Coming home and having Peanut and Brutus run to me like they haven't seen me in a year. It's my favorite part of the day and I think it's theirs too.
3. Sleeping in on Saturdays and not having a thing to do all day. The kind of days that I don't even get out of my pajamas or put my contacts in.
4. Going on vacation - anywhere to get out of work!
5. A whole summer full of lake trips.
6. A good hair day (and having people notice!)
7. Putting together an outfit that you're proud to walk around in.
8. Sitting down on the couch, curling up in my electric blanket, knowing my DVR is full and ready to be watched.
9. Cookies
10. When my favorite song comes on the radio.
11. Fun get together with friends.
12. Pictures
13. The feeling of being fit after I leave the gym (but I have to make it to the gym first, ha!)
14. A really good chicken ceasar salad
15. Getting into bed right after I've just cleaned the sheets.
16. Bubble baths
17. Reality TV
18. Shopping
19. Lunch with friends.
20. Watching Brutus play in the snow.
21. A clean house.
22. Going on walks with David.
23. Daydreaming about the future...

I hope you all have a positive day!

No comments:

Post a Comment