I'm 8 weeks today and this morning we had our first appointment with my new OB. Everything went well and I liked it there alot. All of the nurses were really nice and the Dr. was laid back and listened to us and our questions and was eager to take a look at the babies.
So, we found out they are BOTH still in there...Yah!!! That was exciting news. And they both had good heartbeats with Baby A at 166 and Baby B at 148. Next, we wanted to determine if they are in their own little amniotic sacs or not. But it looks like it's still a little too early to tell. The Dr. thought he saw the membrane wall, but wasn't for sure so he wants me to come back in 2 weeks instead of 4.
He went over all the different scenarios and the different risks involved with each one. But all we can do right now is wait for my next appointment and keep hoping they are in their own sacs. But one major risk we're worried about right now is if there is only one placenta that they will both share. This gets scary because one twin could hog all of the nutrients and blood and that could be bad for both babies. But, again, that's something we have to wait to find out. Also, I've heard stories of babies having to share one placenta and everything turns out just fine.
Also, I will have to start seeing a twin specialist around 20 weeks unless the Dr. finds something wrong in the next few appointments and then I will have to see the specialist sooner.
So, we'll just keep our fingers crossed for now that they have their own amniotic sacs! Say it with me now..."2 Sacs! 2 Sacs! 2 Sacs!"