Thursday, September 9, 2010

Baby's first gift

Yesterday, when I got home from work, there was this package on the front porch. I opened it up and this is what was inside:


I emailed my HR department here at work last week when we found out we were pregnant (yes, I'm getting way too organized too early...I've even emailed someone about childcare already!) just to ask about my maternity leave. And the HR department sent me this gift! I was so excited to actually have some baby stuff! I told David I had to go put it in the baby's room :)

I don't think I've mentioned this on here yet, but I had more blood work done on Tuesday. This was just to check to make sure my HCG level is doing what it's supposed to do. It was 103 the day we found out we were pregnant and it's supposed to double every 48 hours. So on Tuesday, it should have been around 1600 or so...well, it was 2900! All the nurse said about it is that it's really good. My first ultra sound is next Thursday and we're supposed to find out how many are in there. I'm so freakin excited about this ultrasound because we will hopefully get to see the little heart flicker and then it will finally feel real to me and David. I really don't think it's hit him yet.

On another pregnancy note...I'm gaining weight...FAST! My book that I'm reading says not to actually count calories but just try to snack on healthy foods and if you start gaining too fast cut back or if not enough, eat more. Well, I think gaining almost 4 pounds in about 2 weeks is too fast! So I started the App back up on my iphone to track what I'm eating every day. I'm not counting the calories to lose weight, I'm just trying to maintain before it gets too out of control. I added 300 extra calories daily for baby and that's it. No more potato chips when I get home from work before dinner, no more ice cream from Sonic even when I'm not hungry. And no more snacking just because I think the baby needs it (that was a good excuse that only lasted me a week!) I've been walking almost every day too, but the weight is still coming on way too fast. I'm only 5 weeks! This shouldn't be happening!

No comments:

Post a Comment