Friday, March 19, 2010

Thankful

I'm so thankful for all of the wonderful friends and family we have supporting us through this. I've received several emails and text messages from people making sure I'm ok.

Yesterday, I was so surprised when I got flowers from my bestie Sarah.

Aren't they so pretty?!?! It was so thoughtful and it definitely made me smile and I feel like it just changed my whole mood. And we also made plans to go to the Black Eyed Peas concert this Saturday, so that gave me something to really look forward to! I'm so excited. Except, the news keeps talking about a blizzard coming our way on Saturday! I really hope not! We were supposed to head down to OKC to help my parents with getting their house ready to sell. But now we are worried about going because of the snow. I might still try to make it down there on Sunday if the roads aren't bad.

Also, it's amazing to me how some people are even keeping up with my schedule and know when we should be getting our results and stuff like that. For example, David's boss and his wife have had a little bit of fertility problems also. They already have one little girl, I think she's around 5 or 6 years old. But his wife was really wanting another one and they have been trying for a while. I've learned that's called Secondary Infertility, when you already have had a child but are having problems trying to conceive again. Anyway, they were even going to the same doctor that David and I are going to. They have not done an IUI or anything like that, but were maybe planning on it soon. They recently found out that she's pregnant! It's very early in the pregnancy and they really haven't told anyone. But David's boss came and told David about it because he didn't want us hearing it from someone else. They have been so sweet about finding out how everything is going with us and very supportive when we get bad news. His wife, that doesn't even know me, reminds him when I should be finding out our results. I think it's so nice to have people that don't even know us that well still thinking about us during this time. I'm also really glad that David has someone he can talk to about all of this. Someone that kind of knows how he feels and what it's like to constantly have to take off work to go to the doctor appointments and how it feels putting up with a frustrated and hurt wife.

I have to give David a lot of credit for how he handles this. I know I don't tell him enough how much I appreciate him and everything he does for me. I know that all of these medications and treatments and negative results have really made me a crabby, awful person to deal with at times. I know that this is incredibly hard for him to, but he is being strong for me. I know I yell at him and tell him that he can't possibly know how I feel because he isn't the one having to be poked at all the time and he isn't the one going through ultrasounds twice a month and his hormones aren't going crazy because of all the medication. I tell him that he can't possibly be as hurt as I am because I'm the one that can't get pregnant. The truth that I've realized is that we are both going through this, together. And just because he doesn't show it the same way I do, I know he is just as hurt and frustrated. So I need to thank him for being strong and putting up with me and my craziness. I love you so much and I can't wait to see you as a daddy.

No comments:

Post a Comment