Monday, March 15, 2010

Weekend Project

We spent our weekend working on a new flower bed for the front yard. We started on Saturday and yesterday we planted plants. I bought flowers too, but everyone is now saying it's too early to plant them (then why is Home Depot selling them now?!?!), so I'm going to wait a little while before I do that.




I think he's annoyed that I take pictures of everything now...



Did you notice that the porta potty is still there?!?!




A few months ago we bought some solar lights on clearance at Target. I thought they would be perfect because they match our outside lights already. They turned out a little bigger than I expected but we only paid $7 for a box of 4, so you can't beat that! We haven't had the chance to turn them on yet because it was cloudy all weekend and today, so we don't know what they look like at night. We might have too many out there and we might have to take some down. I have a feeling the little planes might mistake us for the airport next to our neighborhood!


Before


After


I think it turned out really good!





At least the front of the house doesn't look plain anymore.

1 comment:

  1. It looks great! We lived in our house for like 3 years before I planted anything. Good for you! We live in the middle of nowhere though, so its a little different. No one ever comes and see us.

    My husband hates my camera with a passion. I take pictures of our meals, drinks, my toenails, ect. He gets so annoyed! Just ignore him! Practice makes perfect!

    ReplyDelete