Monday, April 19, 2010

And it's Monday again...

UGh!!! I HATE Monday's. I don't think it's the day, I think it's just the fact that I have to get up and come to work! Monday's suck! Especially when I feel like I didn't get accomplished what I wanted to over the weekend. I have so many things I want to do, but at the same time, I want to do nothing at all and just be lazy.

This weekend I went down to my parent's lake house to help them get ready for their big move. They sold their house last week and are now packing up and heading to the lake. It rained the whole time and made me very sleepy. I can't wait until it's time to go to the lake when it's warm and sunny!

Yesterday we just ran a few errands that we had been putting off...taking the dogs to Petsmart to get their nails cut, buying Brutus his swimming pool for the summer (I'm hoping it'll get warm enough this week for us to put it out for him, but it's not looking that way), and a Home Depot trip. We intended on going to the gym yesterday, and we even made it as far as the gym parking lot. But I was sooooo irritable yesterday and had a bad headache off an on. I just told David that I couldn't do it right then. I needed to get home and just sit down.

I don't know if it's the Follistim that's causing the moodiness or what, but I'm ready for it to be over with (I'm sure David is too)! I had my first shot on Friday night. After reading the 20 page instruction book on how to put the thing together, it wasn't so bad. What it is is a thing that looks like a big ink pen. And I loaded it with a tube of the Follistim and then I have to attach disposable needles to it for each shot and then discard the needle after I take a shot. I dial the pen to the right dosage and then I pick a side of my belly and go for it. And then the pen is already loaded with the medicine for all of my shots for the rest of the 4 or 5 days my doctor wants me to take it. I'm completely used to taking shots now and it doesn't bother me at all, except the place around where I did my shot last night stayed pretty tender for the rest of the night. I remember when I first found out that I would have to be giving myself shots back with my first IUI in December and I seriously was doubting whether I could do it or not. But as soon as I got the first one over, it's no big deal.

I'm also really used to having my blood drawn. I used to get sick to my stomach every time I knew I was going to have to give blood for something. But now, I don't even think about it. I just sit down, roll up my sleeve, form a fist and let it go. They don't even have to talk me through it anymore...they used to have to tell me when to make a fist, when to hold the cotton ball, etc. Now, we just talk about the weather or weekend plans or our dogs.

The nurses at the fertility clinic are super nice. That does make it so much easier because I couldn't imagine having to go through this with bitchy women that get an attitude every time you ask them a question. I think they are all really sympathetic with everyone that walks through the door because they realize how difficult it is to be there. You can tell that everyone in the waiting room is pretty emotional and scared and just heartbroken. I honestly feel like crying every time I walk in there now. Not because of the people or anything, just because of what it represents. Just because I'm getting no results. And I think it just got worse when I realized a lot of the people that work there know me by my first name when I walk in. When I go check in, I don't have to say who I am anymore, they just say "Hi Tara" when I walk in the door. I thought that was really nice at first, but then I realized that it's a bad sign when they know you that well there. That means I'm spending too much time there and I should have been moved on already! At my last appointment, I wasn't charged for my office visit and my ultrasound for some reason. And I joked with the nurse that I must be getting the VIP treatment since I'm a regular around there.

I'm hoping this week goes perfect with our next insemination probably on Thursday. I go in tomorrow morning to see my progress with my follicles. Keep your fingers crossed for at least 3 or 4 big ones!

No comments:

Post a Comment